Who is this update for?
As we grow as a company, it became apparent that we need to find a better way to accommodate the needs of our clients and build a system that can enable companies of all sizes to make use of our translation platform. So this update is mainly intended for companies who are looking for a solution that will help them to cover all their localisation and translation needs in one spot.
Our development team was planning this update for some time now, and we’re very excited to be able to finally show it to the rest of the world as well. We hope you’ll find it intuitive to invite your colleagues into the Taia platform, where you can manage your teams, your billing information and all your translation projects with ease.
What does the team management feature do?
Each company can now have one or multiple teams. For example the marketing department can have one team and the legal department can manage their translation projects in a separate team.
Each team can also have its own list of users, each with a different range of privileges.
And each team can have separate billing details set up, such as address, VAT number and balance.
This makes the Taia Platform user-friendly even for the largest corporations, and teams of all sizes can now manage their translation projects with ease.
How to start?
You can start by visiting our web application at app.taia.io and signing up for a free account.
Once you create your account, you’ll be asked to select your user type. In this case, we want to invite our team members to join in and we want to be able to manage our VAT invoices, so we’ll select Company account type.
When you create your company, your first default team will also be created. Through this onboarding process, you can also set up your billing information. If you’re a company based in the EU and you require a VAT-valid invoice, you can verify your VAT number here and your address will automatically be filled in for you.
In the next step, you proceed by inviting your colleagues to join your first team.
What are user roles?
Each company and team can have users with different user roles.
- The Company Manager can control all aspects of the company, including all users, billing details and see all localisation projects and their invoices. As you create a new company, you will have this role.
- Each team can have its Team Manager who can invite or remove users from the Team, manage the Team’s billing details and see all the projects that their Team is working on.
- A user with a Full Team-Member role can create projects and also complete the order.
- A Limited Team Member can only create new projects, but has to submit these projects for approval before they can be ordered.
- The Billing Manager can control billing details and see all the invoices of the team they’ve been assigned to.
Let’s say the Company Manager is the CEO of the Company, a Team Manager is the manager in their team, a Limited Team Member could be an intern for example, and a Billing Manager is someone from the accounting who will need to take care of the invoices.
Once you’re done with the onboarding process, you can continue adding other teams and team members by visiting the Company Management section in the menu.
This is also where you can see all your billing details and the invoices for projects associated with them. Remember, each team can have its own separate billing details or they can share the same account.
As a Company or a Team Manager, you can invite or remove members from your Teams, and see a list of pending invitations that can also be revoked. Once you invite your colleagues, they will receive an email inviting them to sign up and they will have the option to accept the invitation to your Team.
Now you can manage all your translation projects in the same spot, for your entire company.
One of the cool benefits of this is that you will share the same Translation Memory across all your teams, so that the more your team members will translate with Taia, the faster, more consistent and cheaper your translation projects will become. This way, our professional translators get more recommendations that are already approved by your company and can provide a more efficient and more consistent translation for all your localisation projects.
And the best part is that there are no additional costs associated with how many users you want to manage your translation projects. You can invite as many as you like.
Check out these latest features inside the Taia App or reach out if you have more questions. Our support team will be happy to assist you in setting up your localisation process.
Frequently asked questions
Each company can now have multiple teams within the Taia platform and can assign different privileges to different users, manage the billing details and oversee all ordered translations.
The team management feature in the Taia app enables companies to order translations more easily and have total control over your projects.
Each company can have users with different roles withing the Taia app.
- Company manager: controls all aspects of the company, including all users, billing details and see all projects and their invoices.
- Team Manager: can invite/remove users, manages the billing details and see all projects that his team has ordered.
- Full Team Member: can create projects and complete the order.
- Limited Team Member: can create projects, but has to have approval before completing the order.
- Billing Manager: controls the billing details and sees all invoices for the team he’s been assigned to.
read more interesting content like this.