Open Job Position:
Chief Technology Officer - CTO
Our mission is to make translations easier for all – individuals, translators and companies. We are buildinga product, which will completely change the way people translate – so we are looking for a professional web guru, who will lead our team of software engineers into the future.
After two years in development we have now reached a point where we need a more experienced development team leader
who will make sure our technical debt is no more, our codebase presents a solid foundation for future growth and
that our development team can provide our users with a joyful experience.
Check out what our Co-Founder Matija has to tell you about this position.
Development Manager and Cofounder
if you decide to
join lead our development team we’ll be working together on a daily basis. You will be the person in charge of our product development and we will lay our full trust into your capabilities as a leader.
Our frontend is built with React and works closely with our Laravel-based backend to provide users with fast file analysis, immediate project price calculations depending on parameters selected, management of translation projects and other cool features we take pride in. But we’re just getting started here and there’s much, much more we have planned for our platform.
You’ll be free to build and lead your team the way you please, as long as your work will provide results we agree upon, is well documented and upholds to industry standards. It will be your job to make sure all ideas make sense, get researched and formulated well and, most importantly, that you see them get completed and published.
We like to work remotely from the comfort of our home offices, but hanging out in our office does has it advantages to.
I’m looking forward to getting to know you and meet the person responsible for the future of our technical product development.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions.
Responsibilites of our CTO
- Strategic planning: as our company grows, so must the technical infrastructure supporting our goals. Our CTO will need to plan well ahead to assure our infrastructure and the accompanying technology can support our aim to conquer global markets.
- Oversee software development: making sure our codebase is solid and future-proof by consulting with and advising our software engineers / developers and providing them with code-reviews and guidance.
- Leading the team: Helping recruit and find the best talent, and assemble and guide a team of savvy web developers, UI-designers, dev-ops engineers, and others to achieve the full potential of the development team and provide the company and it’s clients with a valuable software solution.
- Security: ensure utmost care is taken for the security of the data our clients entrust us with.
- Product development: collaborate with our founders and other team members who define the vision and future of our software solutions and provide the best council and advice that will help build and enjoyable and sustainable solution.
- Research: make sure we stay on top with our product by researching latest technology trends and provide insight into possible further development for our products and services for our international clients.
What we expect from our Chief Technology Officer
- At least 2 or more years experience on a similar position, preferably in a SaaS startup, with a successful track record.
- Computer engineering or similar education is a plus, but optional if your experience and self learning can compensate.
- At least 2 or more years hands on coding experience as a full-stack web developer or similar, preferably in a growing company, with production deployed code.
- Passion for developing beautiful and useful user interfaces and experiences,
- An innovative and open-minded way of thinking.
- Fluency in English is expected as the work is performed mostly in English
What we offer
- Full time Contract with a monthly gross salary starting at EUR 3600,00 (depending on skills and experience).
- Options to increase your monthly income as you learn and progress and provide more value to TAIA while achieving outstanding results.
- Possibility to obtain share options and own a part of the company.
- Budget allocated to your education and career development, which you can use as you like
- We are very flexible – you can either work remote or in a comfy office in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Working with a modern tech stack with a fast developing product in a well-funded company.
- Relaxed, tight-knit working environment full of open and fun young people.
- Join us for our amazing team buildings and sports activities and other perks.
P.S.: plus points if you do your own research on our app and come up with fresh ideas already on the first interview!
Fill out this form to apply for your dream job:
Check out our social media pages and see what we’re all about: